Monday, September 13, 2010

Two 6mo. olds

Tomorrow the babies will be 6 months old. I seriously did not think I would live to see the day. Seriously. These have, by far, been the hardest 6 months of my life. Even aside from all of the health issues, if I had 2 healthy twins I think I'd feel about the same way.

I remember taking someone to the hospital for something (Lily for her staph infection at 1 week old, Ella for a broken leg, Drew for some fit of breathing trouble, you know, one of those times) and one of the medical personnel telling me that she had 18mo old twins, a boy and a girl, like I did. I remember asking her if she liked them yet.

The past 6 months have been full of many emotions. Exhaustion, if thats an emotion, is at the top of that list. Confusion is up there too, trying to remember who ate what and when they ate it. I've been forced to become organized lest someone go without dinner. So so very much love. I didn't think I had anymore love to give once I had Ella, but apparently love grows. Stress. Happiness. Sadness. Worry. Elation. Pride.

As each day passes and I long to keep them frozen in time, I like them more and more. I can't say that its fun exactly, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment