Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Latest News

As I had mentioned in my previous post, a new fundraising effort by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation known as The Finest Young Professionals, kicked off this week. We offered our support by sharing our story with 3 of the nominees so that they could learn a little bit about the disease that they are fundraising for. One of the nominees that we were paired with was Valerie Abati , a meteorologist for Channel 5 here in Cincinnati. This afternoon she came to our house to interview me for a story she was doing on Cystic Fibrosis and her fundraising efforts. Click here to see the interview.

In other news, we are home from the hospital and doing great. Somewhat remarkably, you can hardly even see his scar. Its been 12 days and the little man has healed so remarkably well. It is a little funny (for us, not him) when he poops because he strains every muscle in his little body to squeeze out a tiny little bit of poop. The doctor said thats normal as he gets use to using the thirteen different muscles you use to poop (I know, who knew!). Hes getting the hang of it though and is operating the way hes supposed to.

Ella turns two a week from today. TWO!!! Holy crap! Where have the past two years gone! I couldn't have asked for a better little girl. Her smile brightens my day and I can't imagine my life without her. Even though some days seem to drag on forever, the years sure do fly by. I asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she said Pop Pop. I got her a dollhouse; hopefully that will suffice.

Lily is also doing well. She pushes up on the ground when shes on her belly and holds her head high while looking around. She'll be rolling over in no time. I'm definitely not ready for the two to be mobile in any capacity. I think I have it hard now! She loves "talking" to you when you coo and goo at her, echoing your sounds and smiling with a grin from ear to ear.

Things are getting better. The first three months were not fun. I'm not saying we're having fun exactly, but its not so bad anymore and hopefully it will continue to get better.

1 comment:

  1. Erin,
    You looked great on the news! Wow, I was so impressed. And the twins are getting so big!
    I bet big sister Ella is a big help to you. Take care!

    ReplyDelete